What is Microdosing?
Microdosing is the practice of taking a tiny portion of a psychedelic substance (Psilocybin, LSD, DMT) to achieve the positive effects of the substance, without getting the negative like hallucinations.
Potential Benefits of Microdosing.
Some of the most reported common benefits of microdosing Psilocybin include:
– increased creativity
– reduced long term anxiety
– better focus
– increased spirituality
– increasing connection between left and right sides of brain
– decreased depression
more and more benefits are being reported as microdosing is now much more prevalent in scientific studies and recreational use.
How to Microdose.
1. Decide Dose – it is recommended to take approx 5% – 10% of your normal dose in a microdose. For example, if you usually consume 2000mg of psilocybin you should microdose using 100 – 200 mg.
2. Decide Schedule – next decide how often you will be taking your dose, in general do not microdose more than 3 times per week as you may begin developing a tolerance and thus minimizing the benefits.
3. Pay Attention to How You Feel – observe how you feel during the experience. A good way to keep track is to write down your experience in a notebook or journal.
4. Adjust – adjust dosage as necessary.
Risks of Microdosing.
As with all substances there is risks involved with consuming them. Some of the risks include:
Tripping – if your dosage is too high you may begin feeling the effects of a larger psilocybin dose like hallucinations.
Anxiety – Some people report feeling more anxious while microdosing, this can potentially be because of preexisting conditions within the individual.
Drug Tests – Psilocybin will be present for a certain period of time after microdosing and can show up on drug tests. In gernal urine tests can show a positive result upto 1 week; hair folicle testing has a longer window for detecting
Microdosing psilocybin is a very promising way to achieve benefits such as, increased creativity, decreased depression, and better focus. Start with 5% of your normal dose and adjust accordingly, it is best to microdose 1 day on and 2 days off to ensure you do not build a tolerance.